FACTS is 100% volunteer run. We need foster homes in the CSRA, rescue support volunteers and donations. Please consider helping in any way that you can. Thank you!
Apply to Volunteer
Please enter your information and areas of interest so that we can welcome you to the team of volunteers who make FACTS work!
Apply to Adopt
There are no adoption opportunities available at this time. Thank you for your interest.
Update FACTS about your foster dog
Enter the Name of your foster dog and then any information updates. This will send an alert to our intake coordinator. Thank you for helping us keep current with our fosters!
Foster homes save lives by providing FACTS animals with temporary care and shelter until they are adopted or sent to partner shelters.
Foster homes are asked to provide foster animals with plenty of love, food and water, shelter from the elements, and exercise. Administering medication may also be necessary. Fosters are also encouraged to bring their foster animals to regular obedience training sessions offered by FACTS volunteers.
In addition to providing the basics, foster homes may also be asked to transport foster animals to veterinary appointments and adoption events.
If you are not in a position to foster a FACTS rescue, consider volunteering your time to support other volunteers who are fostering. Volunteers in this capacity provide support upon request in the following ways:
- Conduct home checks for prospective fosters and adopters.
- Dog-sit when the foster parent must leave town.
- Drive a foster dog to and from an adoption event and stay at the event to handle the animal and answer any questions prospective adopters may have.
- Pick up food and supplies from a designated location (when donated stocks are available) and deliver to the foster home.
- Drive a foster to and from the vet’s office.
There are a variety of fundraising activities for which FACTS volunteers are needed. These range from one-time activities to on-going duties, and include:
- Mailings. FACTS needs volunteers to create and maintain donor mailing lists. This volunteer should have access to Microsoft Excel and Word, and possess a basic knowledge of these programs. Specific instructions & training will be provided for certain projects.
- In-Person Outreach. FACTS needs volunteers to travel to specified business to discuss the possibility of monetary donations and/or in-kind donations from local proprietors. This position is ideally performed by someone with transportation and the ability to volunteer during work-day business hours. You will be provided with the specific business(es) to approach, materials to disseminate and speaking points to cover.
- Fundraising Event Support. FACTS seeks to put on fundraising events, as part of events already scheduled by the community or as an independent activity. We and need volunteers to set up a FACTS booth, bring items to trade for donations, transport foster dogs to and from the event, staff the event, hand out literature and generally receive the public, answering questions and encouraging donations, volunteers and membership.
FACTS Jefferson envisions a program where our volunteers visit classrooms to speak to children about responsible pet ownership, compassion toward animals, and spay & neuter.
Be a Humane Educator! humane educators will work as teams of two, developing and delivering the presentation. The more humane educators we have, the more children we can reach. Humane Education programs teach kids so much more than just about caring for cats and dogs.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES/RECORD KEEPING
We need folks with administrative skills to help us keep up with Department of Agriculture paperwork, book-keeping and volunteer information.